[keycloak-dev] backchannel logout for SAML SP

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 16:20:58 EDT 2015

On 14/09/15 21:46, Bill Burke wrote:
> The SAML IdP is not required to send back that id.  That ID is just
> the ID of the request.
The SAML IdP doesn't need to send anything back. I meant that
HttpSessionID will be send in the ID of SAMLRequest from SAML SP to
auth-server . I don't know if there is any better attribute/element of
AuthnRequest, which can be used to transmit such "custom" data.

> A hack I'm thinking of is to create an HttpSession that is shared by
> everybody and store this SSO id/username -> to -> HttpSession id map
> there.
That's good, we can avoid dependency on infinispan. But still, we will
need the stuff like periodic cleaner thread, which will remove expired
items from this HttpSession map. And this solution requires HttpSession
replication if I understand correctly?

As of now, we don't require HttpSession replication for OIDC. Qe support
the deployments when the application is deployed on more "cluster" nodes
behind loadbalancer, but application cluster nodes don't communicate
with each other. In other words, there is no "distributable" in web.xml
. For this case, we have CLIENT_SESSION_HOST note, so the OIDC
backchannel request is sent to same cluster node from which was
code-to-token request sent earlier.

Marek