[keycloak-dev] DB changes now to get ready for 2.0?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 08:34:47 EDT 2016

In 2.0 we want to refactor and merge the User Federation and Model APIs
for users.  All references to users, groups, and roles would turn into
longer 255 char URIs.  This would require DB schema change right now to.
Remove foreign key constraints and expand reference column to 255
characters on:

* UserRoleMappingEntity
* UserGroupMembershipEntity
* GroupRoleMappingEntity
* UserConsentEntity
* UserConsentRoleEntity
* UserRequiredActionEntity
* UserAttributeEntity
* GroupAttributeEntity

Do we want to make this change now?  I have no idea what effect this
would have on migration of removing secondary keys and expanding column
size.  Would robably have to drop and recreate indexes too. Do we delay
this until this is speced out?  Or do we make the change now?