[keycloak-dev] Renamed package because of fuse

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 12:10:09 EDT 2016

Found that fuse adapter doesn't work due to adapters packaging changes.
JIRA is here: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-2816

Among some minor things, the biggest issue is that osgi doesn't work
properly if there are 2 modules with classes inside same package. There
is "adapter-spi" and "adapter-spi-public" modules with both having
classes inside package "org.keycloak.adapters.spi". So the easiest
solution was just to rename the package.

There was possibility to rename either:
(1) the one inside "adapter-spi"
(2) or the one inside "adapter-spi-public" .

I've actually chose the (1) and renamed the one inside "adapter-spi" to
"org.keycloak.adapters.spi .internal". Only reason is that there might
be some users, who are using classes AuthenticationError or LogoutError,
so they don't need to change the code of their applications because
upgrade. On the other hand the (2) (rename the package inside
"adapter-spi-public" to "org.keycloak.adapters.spi.public" and keep the
one inside "adapter-spi" unrenamed) have the advantage of better
consistency among module names and package names. So if you rather want
me to go this way, let me know and I can change it.

For now, the PR against 1.9.x for path1 is here:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/2614 . There are 72 affected
files because of package renamed, but all of them are inside adapters.
Will send PR against master too if you agree with the path1. Not sure if
we rather need to retest all the examples because of the change... :-(