[keycloak-dev] add-user.sh overwrites wildfly one

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 15:57:01 EDT 2016

That's the question...

For server distribution, we also have our stuff ( keycloak subsystem,
datasource, infinispan etc) directly declared in "standalone.xml". On
the other hand, for overlay distribution, we don't want to directly
update default "standalone.xml", so we are adding our own
"standalone-keycloak.xml". Isn't it quite similar thing?

We can do the same for overlay and server distribution, so never edit
default wildfly files ( standalone.xml , add-user.sh), but always use
our own versions with "-keycloak" suffix. Advantage is more consistent.
However people will need to always start keycloak server with
"./standalone.sh -c standalone-keycloak.xml" then. Doesn't it sucks from
the usability perspective?

I honestly don't know what's the best way regarding usability. AFAIK
this was decided on mailing lists couple of months ago, but don't
remember the exact threads...:/

Marek