[keycloak-dev] Pairwise Subject Identifier

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 11:15:18 EDT 2016

Sorry for late response.

We have JIRA created for that. You can possibly add yourself as a
watcher. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3422

Maybe an alternative for you is to use protocolMappers. That should
allow you to "construct" the token for particular client exactly how you
want and also use the different value for "sub" claim.

Another possibility is, to handle this on adapter side. We already have
an adapter option "principal-attribute", which specifies that
application will see the different attribute instead of "sub" as
subject. For example when in appllication you call
"httpServletRequest.getRemoteUser()" it will return "john" instead of
"123456-unique-johns-uuid" . See
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/securing-client-applications-guide/content/v/2.1/topics/oidc/java/java-adapter-config.html

Hopefully some of the options can be useful for you?

Marek