[keycloak-dev] new deployer in master

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 13:42:47 EDT 2016

> On 8 August 2016 at 23:51, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com
> <mailto:bburke at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ok,
>
>     New provider deployer exists in master.  You can package components in
>     any type of deployment.  i.e. within a EAR or WAR. Hot deploy works as
>     well.  The deployers/ directory and deployment-scanner subsystem
>     is now
>     back in the server.  Also added JTA transactions.  So, now when a
>     KeycloakSession is created a new JTA transaction is associated
>     with the
>     KeycloakTransactionManager.  If there was an existing JTA
>     transactionn,
>     that transaction is suspended and resumed after the keycloak session
>     completes.  JTA TransactionManager lookup has an SPI now which you can
>     enable/disable in keycloaks-server.json.  If no transaciton manager
>     exists i.e. within the testsuite, JTA is not used at all.
>

> Why is the existing transaction suspended? Should it not just join the
> existing transaction?

Let me clear this up, the current JTA transction is suspended if and
only if KeycloakTransactionManager.begin() is invoked.  All our current
usages of KeycloakTransactionManager assume that a brand new
"transaction" is started when used.  Eventually we can add a new method
that assumes the Keycloak Session is being used with a JTA transaction.
In this case, KeycloakTransactionManager would be registered with an
existing JTA transaction.

Bill