[keycloak-dev] Groups on SSSD Federation provider

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 09:43:41 EST 2016

I think I agree that you shouldn't allow writes for a user backed by
SSSD as we have no way of synchronizing changes back, so I think you
should redo the SSSD provider so that it doesn't import a local copy of
a user and creates a read-only implementation of UserModel.  See the
User Storage SPI docs and examples. Specifically:

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/providers/user-storage-simple/src/main/java/org/keycloak/examples/userstorage/readonly

This is a barebones example, but hopefully you can extract the necessary
knowledge.  Writeup is in master docs:

https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/v/master/topics/user-storage.html

Really you should also expand it to be able to pull in any arbitrary
attribute as well as currently its only name and email.