[keycloak-dev] Need to remove built-in themes from standalone/configuration/themes

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 09:40:14 EST 2016

On 2/15/2016 9:03 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
> Users will be editing and playing with our existing themes to figure
> how to extend things.  I'll go as far to say that *EVERY* user will do
> this.  It needs to be really easy to do and is just as important as
> playing nicely with the patch mechanism.
I agree on making it really easy.

IMO, the real solution is to make themes fully manageable from the admin
console.  You should be able to upload and download themes. Then, you
could download the default themes and copy them but not allow overwrite.

This also solves the openshift problem as you would be able to upload
themes to an openshift-based Keycloak instance.  And, we wouldn't have
to do anything special to account for the patch tool as the default
themes would just be read from the module and never modified unless patched.

Obviously, that's more of a long-term solution though.  It would take a
fair amount of work to implement.