[keycloak-dev] UserFederationProvider with non-trivial configuration

Josh Cain josh.cain at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 17:56:03 EST 2016

Hi all,

I've got a UserFederationProvider that needs 6-8 configuration elements, to
include enumerated types and even a couple of files.  I'd like to keep the
configuration of this provider in the Keycloak admin console, but am not
sure how to do so.

I've read through the themes documentation
<http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/themes.html>,
but I have not been able to find a suitable solution.  I thought of just
dropping a new partial in there to handle more straightforward
configuration items like enumerated types, but couldn't find a way to do so
without having to override the entire app.js.  What's more, I was not
certain if Keycloak was already set up to handle something like a File
object in the REST/DB backend.

I suppose my question boils down to "How can I integrate enumerated and
file type configuration options for my UserFederationProvider into the
Keycloak administration system?"  Any help would be much appreciated -
thanks!

Josh Cain | Software Applications Engineer
*Identity and Access Management*
*Red Hat*
+1 843-737-1735