[keycloak-dev] Disappearing Keycloak deployment

Brooks Isoldi brooks.isoldi at traversed.com
Mon Jun 6 16:55:33 EDT 2016

We will give it a shot and try to reproduce with just the
keycloak-server.war file alone.

Meanwhile, can you give some instruction on how to tie my application
into the Keycloak authentication?  The manual says to drop the following
into the web.xml file:

     <login-config>
         <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
         <realm-name>app-name</realm-name>
     </login-config>

I assume that will not work if keycloak resides on a totally separate
server...Or will that be taken care of by the "auth-server-url" in the
keycloak.json file?

Thanks.

On 06/06/2016 04:34 PM, Stan Silvert wrote:
> We strongly, strongly, strongly discourage application deployment on
> the Keycloak server.  In fact, we might soon be taking steps keep
> people from doing that.
>
> Can you re-create the problem with the Keycloak server alone?
>
> On 6/6/2016 4:00 PM, Brooks Isoldi wrote:
>> Stian,
>>
>> I apologize, by "non-JEE" application, I meant only that it does not
>> rely on standalone-full.xml.  We're using only standalone.xml for the
>> application deployed to the keycloak wildfly server.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On 06/06/2016 02:19 PM, Brooks Isoldi wrote:
>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> We do not see the war being redeployed upon startup.
>>>

>>> Stian,
>>>
>>> We are deploying a non-JEE application to the Keycloak Wildfly
>>> instance and our initial setup process includes the following commands:
>>>

>>> sudo ./jboss-cli.sh -c <<EOF
>>> module add --name=org.postgres
>>> --resources=${KEYCLOAK_INSTALL_DIR}/${JDBC_FILENAME}
>>> --dependencies=javax.api,javax.transaction.api
>>> /subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=postgres:add(driver-name="postgres",driver-module-name="org.postgres",driver-class-name=org.postgresql.Driver)
>>> data-source add --jndi-name=java:/PostgresDS --name=PostgrePool
>>> --connection-url=jdbc:postgresql://${POSTGRES_SERVER_URL}
>>> --driver-name=postgres --user-name=<<USERNAME>> --password=<<PASSWORD>>
>>> /core-service=management/security-realm=ApplicationRealm/server-identity=ssl/:add(keystore-path=keystore.jks,
>>> keystore-relative-to=jboss.server.config.dir,
>>> keystore-password=<<PASSWORD>>, alias=keystore,
>>> key-password=<<PASSWORD>>)