[keycloak-dev] Reloading KeyCloak on the fly

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 02:25:42 EDT 2016

We don't currently support live deploying of providers and the Keycloak
server has to be restarted for updates as well as new providers to be
picked up.

The 'reload' command only results in manual changes to standalone.xml to be
reloaded and doesn't have any affect on modules or Keycloak itself. You can
use 'shutdown(restart=true)' which will restart the server. I'm afraid you
will use active sessions unless you have multiple nodes and increase owners
for the userSession cache.

Feel free to create a JIRA to support deploying/repdeploying providers
live, but it would most likely be a while until we can get around to it.
Unless we get a community contribution around it that is.