[keycloak-dev] rebasing

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 19:21:14 EST 2016

On 02/29/2016 12:12 PM, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
> On 29.02.2016 17:39, Marek Posolda wrote:
>> git push origin master --force
> Just be extra careful on this command, as it is potentially destructive
> when applied to the "main" repository. As a general rule, I use
> "--force" only on my branches, and never on master (even less on the
> "real" origin/upstream).

NOte that you can always get back to a previsous committed state in
git.  Run

git reflog and you will see commits all the way back.

A rebase will often fail on a merge, and you can either fix it and roll
forward with

git rebase --continue

or abort it and be back in your previous state with

git rebase --abort