[keycloak-dev] Should we add version to JSON during export?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 05:59:24 EST 2016

Currently there is an issue, that when we import JSON file, we don't
know in which Keycloak version was this JSON file exported. This can
cause some issues. For example you don't know which builtin objects
exactly you should add - some example in the JIRA:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1982

Adding version may not help in all cases as there is also hand-written
JSON files and partial-import etc, so you don't know if version is
really presented in the imported JSON file. On the other hand, in some
cases it may be helpful.

Question is, should we aim to add it to 1.9.2?