[keycloak-dev] Move email first name, last name and email to be stored as user attribute, not UserModel property?

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 08:17:10 EDT 2016

Hi,

as part of planned persistence storage SPI changes we talked about on
f2f we should probably consider removing of first name, last name and
email from UserModel property, but implement them as normal user
attributes with predefined names.

This unification should simplify few things, for example separate
mappers for attributes and properties in Clients and Identity Providers
configuration, which may be hard to understand for beginners (questions
like "what the hell is difference between user properties and
attributes?", "What user properties are available there?").

This should also simplify implementation of User profile validation SPI
we talked about on f2f meeting.

What do you think?

Vl.

--