[keycloak-dev] Should we remove links from users when identityProvider is removed?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 12:38:50 EDT 2016

Currently when identity (social) provider is removed, the federated
links on linked users are not removed. It means that we may end with
user records in DB, which are linked to non-existent identity provider.

On the other hand, the advantage of current behaviour is, that when
admin user accidentally removes facebook provider and then he decides to
add it back (or just use another clientId/clientSecret or change
configuration) the facebook links of users are still alive.

So should we remove the links or rather keep as it is and not remove them?