[keycloak-dev] AbstractUsernameFormAuthenticator validateUserAndPassword process

Ariel Carrera carreraariel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:40:10 EDT 2016

Hi, I am developing a Federation Provider, and I have a question...

Why the method () checks if the user "is enabled" after validate the
password instead of before of the password validation?

AbstractUsernameFormAuthenticator.validateUserAndPassword: line 141/151
        if (invalidUser(context, user)){
            return false;
        }

*        if (!validatePassword(context, user, inputData)){*
*            return false;*

*        if(!enabledUser(context, user)){*
*            return false;*

If the user is disabled... why validate his password and return a password
validation error message?

--
Ariel Carrera