[keycloak-dev] turning import on/off implications

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 15:38:31 EST 2016

When it is finished, you will be able to choose whether LDAP provider
imports users or not.  The thing is, if you run with import On (which
will be the default setting for older migrated ldap deployments)...then
you switch it to OFF what should happen? My first thought is that we
remove all imported users when that switch is fllicked off.  This would
require:

* an onUpdate(ComponentModel old, ComponentModel new) callback to the
UserStorageProvider so it can trigger deletion.

* A method deleteLinkedUsers(String federationLink) on userLocalStorage()

I'm also wondering if the generic console should have a
DELETE_LINKED_USERS and UNLINK USERS button if the provider supports import.

See any problems with this?