[keycloak-dev] new synchronization SPI

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 04:11:48 EDT 2016

The "syncChangedUsers" was meant to query the external storage just for
the users updated since lastSync. The "syncAllUsers" was meant to always
query whole external storage and import/update all users from it into
Keycloak.

I agree that probably most of deployments can live just with the
"syncChangedUsers" . The "syncAllUsers" is probably useful just for the
case if you really want to enforce syncing all users for some rare
reason (eg. changelog in external storage was somehow broken and doesn't
provide accurate info). I don't know if it's something to consider...
Maybe simplify SPI and go with single method is sufficient.

Marek