[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 2.3.0.CR1 is out

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 05:21:11 EDT 2016

We've just released Keycloak 2.3.0.CR1. This release brings a number of new
existing features!

Highlights of the release includes:

   - *OpenID Connect certification* - We've now completed the work on
   making our OpenID Connect implementation pass the OpenID Connect
   certification and we're currently passing all 5 profiles!
   - *User SPI* - We now have a new simpler User SPI. This will make it
   easier to implement a custom user provider to pull in users from any
   external user store. In the next release we'll port our LDAP provider to
   this SPI, which will make it possible to pull in users from LDAP without
   syncing data to the Keycloak database. Once this work is completed we'll
   remove the old User Federation SPI.
   - *Realm Key Rotation* - We now support multiple keys in a realm. This
   makes it possible to seamlessly rotate keys without any impact to
   applications and users.
   - *Client Registration CLI* - A while back we added dynamic client
   registration capabilities, we've now created a CLI that makes it easy to
   register and update clients from the command-line.
   - *Dynamic Client Registration Policies* - We've introduced a mechanism
   to control what clients can be dynamically created. This includes the
   ability to define policies to allow clients to register without the need to
   authenticate.
   - *Node.js Adapter* - We've had a Node.js adapter a while, but we've now
   polished it a lot and made it a first class citizen.

For the full list of issues resolved check out JIRA
<https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20keycloak%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.3.0.CR1>
and
to download the release go to the Keycloak homepage
<http://blog.keycloak.org/www.keycloak.org/downloads>.