[keycloak-dev] Some branches are gone?

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 05:59:42 EDT 2016

Hello,

I think it would have been helpful to announce that on the keycloak-user
/-dev mailing-lists and Keycloak blog.
(In case it was announced - it was IMHO not stressed enough).

Some folks (including me) based their internal forks of Keycloak on top of
a "maintenance branch" like 2.1.x
expecting to be able to channel compatible fixes / patches into the said
custom fork.

With those maintenance branches now gone - this model no longer works.
Given that keycloak has now over 500 forks I guess that I'm not the only
one who followed that model.

I would suggest to keep some maintenace branches for previous versions
(e.g. 2.1.x) around to enable users
to upgrade their forks in a timely manner.

Cheers,
Thomas