[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 2.2.0.CR1 Released

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 14:17:52 EDT 2016

Keycloak 2.2.0.CR1 has just been released. The final release will follow
next week if no major issues are reported. Few highlights of this release:

   - *OpenID Connect certification* - We've continued to work on our OpenID
   Connect implementation and we're now passing the basic, implicit, hybrid
   and config profiles. We'll get the dynamic profile sorted in the 2.3
   release.
   - *Server config moved to standalone/domain.xml* - In the past some
   server configuration was done in keycloak-server.json and some in
   standalone/domain.xml. We've now moved all config to standalone/domain.xml
   and keycloak-server.json is now deprecated. This brings the option to use
   jboss-cli including offline scripts to automate configuration.
   - *Manual DB migration* - We've had automatic migration of the database
   for a long time, but we now have an option to have Keycloak write a SQL
   migration file instead of applying the changes directly.
   - *Fuse adapter download* - There is now a Fuse adapter download that
   makes it possible to install Keycloak support in Fuse without access to
   external Maven repository.
   - *Hot deployment of providers* - It's now possible to hot deploy custom
   providers from within a JEE deployment. We've not had the chance to write
   documentation around this yet and it could do with a bit more testing so
   consider it a preview feature. Take a look at the user-storage-jpa provider
   example though, it's great stuff!
   - *Identity Provider Authenticator* - In the past redirecting to
   identity providers was hardcoded in the Keycloak code, we've now refactored
   this into a new authenticator.
   - *Norwegian, Japanese and Lituanian translations* - Keycloak now comes
   with 11 translations. 10 of them contributed and maintained by our
   excellent community.

For the full list of issues resolved check out JIRA
<https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20keycloak%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0.CR1>
and
to download the release go to the Keycloak homepage
<http://blog.keycloak.org/www.keycloak.org/downloads>.