[keycloak-dev] Integration tests for FreeIPA

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Mon Sep 12 17:02:02 EDT 2016

Ahoy, this week I will start to look at the integration tests for
FreeIPA/SSSD with Ilya from QE. He already started some work here[1].
The tricky part for me is to spin up a FreeIPA server on Travis CI.

For those not familiar with this environment, to run the
integration tests, freeipa-server must be installed/configured.
Unfortunately, Ubuntu Precise (the distro running on Travis)
have only freeipa-client and python-freeipa[2].

Some ideas to make this happen:

1. Do nothing and let people run the integration tests locally. This is not awesome.
2. Spin up a FreeIPA docker instance on Travis before the build, plus
install and configure a freeipa-client. The downside is: more steps,
more slowness on Travis.
3. Move the CI to our own server and have FreeIPA installed and
configured.

Ideas?

[1] - https://github.com/abstractj/keycloak/commit/534569a9b6082a9674a33149519b06d1218d4807
[2] - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/freeipa