[keycloak-dev] User Event SPI

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 07:22:46 EDT 2016

We currently have the low-level Event Listener SPI, but IMO it's not very
user friendly.

I propose we add two higher level SPIs with a more user friendly API. The
SPIs would be:

User Event SPI with the following events:

* User Created (include details on why it was created, i.e. self register,
idp, admin)
* User Profile Updated
* User Credentials Updated
* User Deleted

Login Event SPI with the following events:

* Login Failure
* Logout (include session timeout)
* Client Login

We should use the new SPIs to also implement a number of built-in emails
that can be sent for users. Each email would be optional. Examples could be:

* Welcome mail
* Login on new device notification
* Login failure notification
* Password updated notification