[keycloak-dev] Skip updateAllTimeStamps of offline sessions on init

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 08:41:47 EST 2017

On 11/12/17 09:39, javier.roman-navarrete at daimler.com wrote:
> Upon startup, all offline sessions timestamps are updated (both in the client and user tables). This can be quite time consuming, and we are trying to find out the real purpose of it. There is even a comment on the source code
>
> // TODO: check if update of timestamps in persister can be skipped entirely
>
> That hints it might be superfluous. What would be the downside of avoiding this update?
I think it won't break anything. Feel free to create JIRA for this.
Please also link it with the other JIRA:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-5479, which is related.

Ideally both things might be fixed together, so that there is no need to
update timestamp with currentTime at startup, as it has some other
downsides mentioned in the KEYCLOAK-5479 JIRA (Besides the startup
performance issue you just mentioned).

Marek