[keycloak-dev] Quickstarts on keycloak GH organization

Sebastien Blanc sblanc at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 06:09:11 EST 2017

Hi !

As you probably know we already have a set of quickstarts in this repo
https://github.com/redhat-developer/redhat-sso-quickstarts.

With Stian, we decided to mirror this repo into the keycloak organization
and this mirror will now be the "leading" repository meaning that all
updates/fixes should happen here and will after that be ported back to the
redhat-sso-quickstart repo.

Some important points :

 * A cleanup is needed for the keycloak quickstarts, for instance, all
occurrences to RH-SSO / EAP needs to be replaced by Keycloak / WildFly. A
first PR tackling this is available :
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts/pull/1   , feel free to
review it to see if we missed any occurrence.

* We also introduced keycloak BOMs for these quickstarts. For now these are
only available here :  https://github.com/stianst/keycloak/tree/BOMS

* For a better User Experience, master will be based on the latest stable
Keycloak release and the branch "dev" will be used for new development.

* The remaining examples from
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples needs to be
integrated into this new quickstarts repo. This is probably the biggest
task

* A PR containing SpringBoot/Spring Security quickstarts will follow today.

* The NodeJS quickstart (
https://github.com/redhat-developer/redhat-sso-quickstarts/tree/7.1.x-devel/service-nodejs
) needs to be copied as well to the keycloak repo.

We still need to define a "process" to keep KC and RH-SSO quickstarts in
sync (full manual, half scripted ... ).

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Sebi