[keycloak-dev] Quickstarts on keycloak GH organization

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 04:16:56 EST 2017

On 17 January 2017 at 09:35, Sebastien Blanc <sblanc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 16 January 2017 at 12:09, Sebastien Blanc <sblanc at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> As you probably know we already have a set of quickstarts in this repo
>>> https://github.com/redhat-developer/redhat-sso-quickstarts.
>>>
>>> With Stian, we decided to mirror this repo into the keycloak organization
>>> and this mirror will now be the "leading" repository meaning that all
>>> updates/fixes should happen here and will after that be ported back to
>>> the
>>> redhat-sso-quickstart repo.
>>>
>>> Some important points :
>>>
>>>  * A cleanup is needed for the keycloak quickstarts, for instance, all
>>> occurrences to RH-SSO / EAP needs to be replaced by Keycloak / WildFly. A
>>> first PR tackling this is available :
>>> https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts/pull/1   , feel free to
>>> review it to see if we missed any occurrence.
>>>

>> I merged this. One comment is that we should just target the latest
>> WildFLy release (10.1) rather than WF 8, 9 and 10.
>>
> I was wondering about the same while I was updating the READMEs. Actually
> that will make it easier, I will update the readmes.
>

>>> * We also introduced keycloak BOMs for these quickstarts. For now these
>>> are
>>> only available here :  https://github.com/stianst/keycloak/tree/BOMS
>>>
>>> * For a better User Experience, master will be based on the latest stable
>>> Keycloak release and the branch "dev" will be used for new development.
>>>

>> I'll get the release CI to update the master branch whenever a KC release
>> is done. Ideally I'd like to have  a single command to run at the root pom
>> to do that. I.e. mvn versions:set.
>>
> Speaking of CI, do we want CI for the quickstarts ?

I have a CI job that does the release as it's all automated. Maven, brew,
node, openshift, web site, etc.. I don't want to manually update POMs in
the quickstarts when doing a KC release.

There's separate need to have CI tests for quickstarts. I was hoping
whatever we use for testing the quickstarts can also serve as a
recommendation to users on how to test their apps secured with
Keycloak/RH-SSO.