[keycloak-dev] Password Changes with Kerberos

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 03:51:25 EST 2017

Yes, we don't yet have support for this. The problems I can see is:

- It seems that both ApacheDS based solution and "embeddded kpasswd
process" based solution requires the old password of user. But In
Keycloak we don't usually have the old password of user (eg. when admin
changes password, or during UPDATE_PASSWORD require action etc. Just the
account management is the only place where existing password is available).
- Another question is, if ApacheDS based approach really uses just the
kerberos standards and works for the other Kerberos vendors besides
ApacheDS (MSAD, FreeIPA, MIT Kerberos)

Feel free to create a JIRA, however not sure if we add that in the near
future...

Marek