[keycloak-dev] UserSessions support for cross-dc

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 09:40:00 EDT 2017

Hmm, maybe yes. I don't know.

The question is, if they have same requirements like us? We have lots of
backchannel requests, so we want to support the usecase, when same
userSession is read and concurrently updated from multiple datacenters
without the risk of write skews (lost updates).

Wildfly can probably rely much more on sticky sessions. I've checked
that they have the documented option to add remoteStore to the
infinispan cache. This is useful if they have sticky sessions and 2nd
datacenter is used just as a backup in case that 1st datacenter becomes
unavailable. It doesn't provide same level of consistency like us
(prevention of write skews when concurrent update from both DCs happen),
but likely sufficient with sticky sessions.

Hopefully we can also have an option to relax on consistency in favor of
performance, once we will have sticky session support for backchannel
requests...

Marek