[keycloak-dev] Adding a validate password endpoint in the Admin API

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Jun 27 08:52:06 EDT 2017

If I understood correctly, the password could be provided here
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/4229/files#diff-2d5026806b9f86138813c99521f40597R782,
right? If yes. I could implement my own password validator web app to
validate passwords and interact with KC. Now, instead of worry with the
call between the client and KC server, I could have a third server to worry
about or a shell script. Because it's possible.

Instead of targeting Keycloak only (which is built with security in mind),
now people could target my password validation app (not so concerned with
security). This is just an example, and I'm not saying this is the end of
the world. What I'm saying that this opens a new door for people to be
creative.