[keycloak-dev] Client adapters backwards compatibility

Jared Blashka jblashka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 15:37:29 EST 2017

I'm not on the Keycloak dev team (obviously) but can't you backport a patch
to RH-SSO 7.0 to fix the broken adapter behavior rather than building in a
very specialized flag that will be present in every single SAML client
configuration going forward where it's completely unnecessary a large
majority of the time?

It doesn't make sense to me to build a workaround into the IDP code just to
accommodate one specific version of one specific client library. If this
was any other client library with this problem I feel like the response
would be that the client library needs to be updated rather than
maintaining a workaround in the IDP. If RH-SSO 7.0 is still a supported
product then it should still be eligible for receiving updates.

Jared