[keycloak-dev] Zero-knowledge proof of password?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Mar 10 05:11:08 EST 2017

Kerberos is also similar to this. In fact Kerberos was designed  to
provide secure communication over insecure network. All the handshakes
are done in a way that sender usually encrypts the ticket/sessionKey by
some secret known by the receiving party (eg. hash of the user
password). And yes, Kerberos also sends defacto just the username in the
first request of the username-password verification handshake.

Marek