[keycloak-dev] JWS sizes

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 13:57:37 EDT 2017

I guess we're not going to support cookie storage anyway, but if yes (in
theory) isn't it sufficient to go with Hmac-SHA256 based signature? It
would be Keycloak server itself, which both creates and verifies cookie,
so perhaps not a need for bigger and less performant RSA?

Which reminds that we can probably save some performance points by using
HMAC for refresh tokens too? Since it's the Keycloak itself which signs
and verifies it and from the adapter perspective, refresh token is just
an opaque string.

Marek