[keycloak-dev] Merging PRs

Schuster Sebastian (INST/ESY1) Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com
Mon Nov 20 02:51:47 EST 2017

I had GitFlow in my mind and forgot about the “a feature is one commit” feature. I kind of liked GitFlow because it makes the development history more explicit and makes reviewing easier assuming there are nice small consistent commits. The latter is unfortunately rarely the case, that’s probably why you picked the single commit strategy…

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Schuster

Engineering and Support (INST/ESY1)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com<mailto:Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com>

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

A major new feature is sent as a single commit and should be added to the top of the Git history. The "rebase and merge" option allows this and doesn't add any "messy" merge commits.