[keycloak-dev] mechanisms to deploy/install for testing

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 11:29:34 EDT 2017

We utilize RH-SSO/Keycloak as the authentication component in many of
our products. When our QE team does testing the automated testing needs
to install and configure RH-SSO/Keycloak. At the moment the QE team is
bypassing automation and is installing and configuring RH-SSO/Keycloak
manually because they lack an automated process.

I was asked to inquire how the keycloak team does their automated
testing with the hope your tools can be utilized so we don't have to
build something from scratch.

To put things in context this is for the platform group which does not
traditionally deal with middleware and the Java ecosystem. Software
installation is exclusively done with RPM's. Preferred methods are:

1) Ansible playbooks
2) Puppet manifests
3) Shell scripts

Can you describe how your testing is performed and/or point us to
documentation and/or repositories with the tools.

Thanks,
--
John