[keycloak-dev] @Column.updatable=false

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 10:04:04 EDT 2017

This popped up in a support request, but we have a number of foreign
keys (with indexes) that are never changed, but yet are included in
update requests of those tables by Hibernate.  It seems that a number
of databases (and Hibernate, although don't know if there is a setting
for that) will not check to see if the old value equals new value.
This can cause concurrency issues (db deadlock).  I bet it is a big
performance issue too if indexes are updated as well.

Should this be bumped to a priority for 3.4.1?  I'll create a JIRA if so.

Red Hat