[keycloak-dev] external token exchange - feedback needed

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 16:05:51 EDT 2017

I'm almost done implementing external token exchange where you can
provide an external OIDC token and exchange it for a Keycloak one.
Need some feedback though.

* first broker flow and post broker flows won't be executed.  Can't,
its a non-browser flow.
* mappers are run.
* logout will not logout broker session
* If duplicate emails exist, abort, 403
* If duplicate username exists, abort, 403.

The feedback I need is on duplicates.  We might have the case where
username is unique across different realms.  Should I have a switch
that will use existing user?  Maybe an additional switch to not create
a link?  Maybe I should have an exchange flow?

Red Hat