[keycloak-dev] Introduction and Opening Discussion about [KEYCLOAK-7043] Certificate Expiration Notification Feature

Benjamin Berg beberg at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 09:24:03 EDT 2018

Hi Keycloak Developers,

I'm Benjamin Berg, I'm an Associate Software Applications Engineer, have
recently joined a team that utilizes Keycloak and just about a week ago, I
submitted a pull request introducing a new feature into Keycloak.  Inside
that pull request on GitHub, I had received a comment from "stainst" to
come onto this mailing list and open a discussion.  So I thought I'd
introduce myself and send you some information about the feature (info down
below) I had developed.  I appreciate getting any feedback and I hope you
all like this new addition!

*-Problem-*
Certificates in the realm(s) and client(s) expire quietly.
*-Solution-*
Certificates in the realm(s) and client(s) need to send out an email
notification if they are about to expire (or have already expired).
*-Pull Request https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/5121
<https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/5121>-*
You can now setup email notifications for when certificates in the realm(s)
and client(s) that are about to expire (or have already expired).

*-Description from the Pull Request-'''Description:You can now setup email
notifications for when certificates in the realm(s) and client(s) are about
to expire (or have already expired).High Level Overview of
Changes:Front-End: Incorporated a field to the "Realm Settings" tab "Email"
called "Certificate Notification Email Address" where you enter an email
address that you want to have certificate expiration notifications sent
to.Back-End: Created classes that are scheduled to check both the realm(s)
and client(s) for certificates that have or are about to
expire.Testing:Created unit tests for added code and Travis-CI tests
pass.JIRALink: *

*KEYCLOAK-7043 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7043>Description:
Certificates in the realm(s) and client(s) need to send out an email
notification if they are about to expire (or have already expired).'''*

Cheers!

--
Benjamin Jacob Berg
Associate Software Applications Engineer

Red Hat Inc
100 East Davie Street
Raleigh NC, 27601

Email: benjamin.berg at redhat.com