[keycloak-dev] Need some guidance on authenticating from third party website

francois maturel francoismaturel at dijit.fr
Tue Aug 7 12:44:08 EDT 2018

Hello team!

We have a solution based on Keycloak 3.4.3.Final where our customer used
to login through to the standard Keycloak login form.

This customer now wants to pre-authenticate their users to our solution
when they log into their own portal.

The customer provides us all their user's username / password for our
solution (that we import through a batch) and they can use those to
authenticate theirs users in our solution.

Note that our customer have different username / password for their portal.

We proposed to adapt the login form Content-Security-Policy to allow the
login form to load in their portal (with login_hint), but this still
requires a user action.

Is there any way to log into Keycloak automatically from a third party
website and get the KEYCLOAK_SESSION / IDENTITY cookies (we would like
to avoid Direct Grant / Implicit Flow...) ?

Could you please provide some guidance on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

--
François Maturel

Regards,