[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 4.3 error column resourceen0_.uri does not exist

Gary Schulte gary.schulte at opengov.com
Tue Aug 21 15:40:07 EDT 2018

We recently upgraded from 4.1.0.Final to 4.3.0.Final, and have been getting
this exception in various operations:

... 102 more
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column
resourceen0_.uri does not exist
  Position: 336
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2433)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2178)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:306)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:155)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeQuery(PgPreparedStatement.java:118)
at
org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeQuery(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:504)
at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.ResultSetReturnImpl.extract(ResultSetReturnImpl.java:70)
... 120 more

I first encountered this trying to export the configuration
via `keycloak.migration.action=export` , but am now encountering it in a
number of operations such as impersonating a user from the admin console.

We aborted an upgrade to 4.2.1 due to a failed db migration, but 4.3.0
worked fine.  Presumably there is a problem with the ddl migration.

Any speculation on root cause and/or a fix?  Is there a DDL published

FYI we have keycloak deployed to k8s using an Amazon RDS postgres instance
for the backing store.

TIA

Gary S