[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-4593 - large number of realms - approaching a solution

Mariusz Zawadzki Mariusz.Zawadzki at tomtom.com
Fri Aug 24 06:10:57 EDT 2018

Hi.

We're considering Keycloak as a solution for us to Authenticate and Authorize users.
We want to have separate realm for a customer but that requires hundreds possibly more realms in one keycloak.

I've looked into the code and currently the main bottle neck I see are calls to:
session.realms().getRealms();

During application initialization.

I've got a simple solution to one of those usages, so my question is.

What is the general approach to do this?
On github it is "one commit per issue", but the whole problem with many realms looks to have a lot of places to improve, and currently we are blocked by two places:
               org.keycloak.services.managers.ApplianceBootstrap#isNewInstall
org.keycloak.services.managers.UserStorageSyncManager#bootstrapPeriodic

Regards,
Mariusz Zawadzki