[keycloak-dev] Infinispan Cache and Keycloak instance restart

Adrien DESBIAUX adesbiaux at vente-privee.com
Tue Aug 28 05:39:41 EDT 2018

Hello!

Thanks again for maintaining Keycloak.

I would have a question:

- We are running Keycloak 3.4

- We did setup a Keycloak standalone HA cluster (3 nodes).

- As well we did connect those nodes to an Infinispan cluster.

All is running fine. However the trouble comes when we want to update the Keycloak Nodes.

Updates can be either on themes or modules.

We update for example a module, e.g a new user federation SPI, with Ansible.

Then we restart the Keycloak nodes one after another. The restart is required so that a Keycloak node can register the new module.

All is correct except that users need to login again after the reload has been performed.

Is it something we can prevent happening? it is a strange behaviour, since we rely on Infinispan for sessions cache...

Is there another local cache to be configured in Infinispan to avoid users to re-login after restarting Keycloak?

It would be very helpful if you could give us a direction to investigate as rolling out several updates per day would lead to several re-logins from a user perspective.

Cheers,