[keycloak-dev] Custom UserStorageProvider for a different database

Steffen Kreutz s.kreutz at yieldlab.de
Thu Dec 6 05:26:17 EST 2018

Hey guys,

I am trying to create a custom UserStorageProvider for an external Postgres database. I don’t wnat to manage the users in Keycloak, so I think it should be enough to implement UserStorageProvider and UserLookupProvider. Now I am wondering how I can configure and retrieve the datasource for my provider. I thought about adding another datasource to Wildfly. We run Keycloak in Kubernetes and I think setting up the datasource could be scripted using the jboss-cli. Do you think this is a good approach or do you have better advices?

Best,

Steffen