[keycloak-dev] infinispan as a storage mechanism

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 12:35:53 EST 2018

If we had a built-in, clusterable storage mechanism for Keycloak using
Infinispan we would:
* Shorten build times drastically.  30 minutes and growing for me for
JPA builds.  Liquibase + JPA startup takes 5-7 seconds on my box.
* Simpler startup.  No need to start a DB.
* Reduce memory footprint?  I think JPA is responsible for a lot of
classes loaded.

I've started some work on this in spare time.  I'd say I'd be done in
like 2 months considering the other work I have in queue.

Looking at FineGrainAtomicMap as an implementation.  Should make DB
migration simple and replication quicker.

Red Hat