[keycloak-dev] infinispan as a storage mechanism

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 15:47:29 EST 2018

I'm thinking of this mostly for running our testsuite.  If you're not
developing on DB, much nicer if your test startup times is
milliseconds rather than 5-10 secs.

For production, I'm thinking more of when people need lightweight
keycloak instances and are doing a lot of identity federation.  This
is really long term thoughts though.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:56 PM, Pedro Igor Silva <psilva at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think MongoDB will start supporting transactions very soon on v4 ....
>
> I'm not sure about running both app and database in the same VM though. For
> dev purposes that is fine, but in real world scenarios you probably want to
> avoid sharing resources (mem, cpu) with your DB. In your case, people will
> probably need JBoss DataGrid in production.
>
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Other than MongoDB not supporting transactions or even sessions?  And
>> requiring a DB to be run in a separate VM?
>>
>> No not really :)
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Pedro Igor Silva <psilva at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Isn't this somewhat related with what we used to have with MongoDB ?

>> --
>> Bill Burke
>> Red Hat

Red Hat