[keycloak-dev] per-client authentication flows

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 01:08:43 EST 2018

I wonder if it's related to support for OIDC "acr" parameter
(authentication levels)? I can imagine that we map different values of
"acr" parameter to different authentication flows.

Then in adapter configuration keycloak.json, you can use something like
"default_acr" . If it's set, client adapter will send initial OIDC
request with this "acr" value and hence will use specific authentication
flow corresponding to that "acr" .

This has an advantage, that single client can possibly use different
authentication flows. As client will have possibility to override
default_acr based on the usecase. For example bank application can
require just simple username+password login to see the account details,
but may require stronger authentication level (OTP) for further actions
like sending payment to different account.

Marek