[keycloak-dev] Redis cluster instead of Infinispan

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon May 7 12:34:56 EDT 2018

Hi,

in theory you can do it, but you will need to override some providers
(user session provider, caching providers) to use redis instead of
infinispan. It may be fair amount of work.

I don't think we have a plan to replace infinispan with the Redis and
support it OOTB. One thing is to develop the Redis support, but another
is maintenance, which is even more difficult. Especially considering
that we need to care about backwards compatibility and support for
rolling-upgrades in the future...

What kinds of issues you had in infinispan? Are there some concrete
issues you saw?

Marek