[keycloak-dev] Identity Provider / First Broker Login Flow Hooks

Andreas Taube andreas.taube at collect.ai
Tue May 15 08:56:10 EDT 2018

Hey together,

I would like to integrate with an external Identity Provider and I wonder
about the best way to hook into this process? As soon as the external IP
authorizes the user with a valid token I would like to do some internal
setup calls and link metadata to the user (attributes) being created by
Keycloak.

I know it is possible to extend Keycloak with custom IdentityProviderMapper
extensions but I would like to validate
1) if they are also meant to execute async http requests?
2) what happens if the request fails?
3) are there any other options better suited for this use case?

Thanks for feedback
Andreas