[keycloak-dev] POST method for OIDC Authorization End Point

Muein Muzamil shmuein+keycloak-dev at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:13:50 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a quick question, does Keycloak support POST method for OIDC
Authorization Request? I was trying to integration Keycloak with an SP,
which is using POST for Auth request and Keycloak rejects the request with
"405 Method Not Allowed" Error.

I looked at the OIDC Specs and accordingly, to that both GET and POST
should be supported for Authorization Request. Maybe I am missing
something, can someone please shed some light on this.

This also makes me wonder, is the Keycloak fully compliant with OIDC Specs?
did we run any compliance tests to confirm this?

Best regards,
Muein