[keycloak-dev] Confusion about standalone.xml in docker image jboss/keycloak.4.5.0.Final

Lukasz Lech l.lech at ringler.ch
Wed Oct 10 07:42:23 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm finally confused about docker image jboss/keycloak.4.5.0.Final and config files there.

I've applied changes to /opt/jboss/keycloak/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml but they've take no effect. I've checked that server starts in standalone mode, positive. After many tries I've made a mad step, deleting that configuration file (in my Dockerfile, not in running container!).
To my full surprise the keycloak started without any warning.

What is the purpose of that configuration file, then? If that file is not used, what configuration file is used? I can delete standalone_ha.xml as well as the whole /opt/jboss/keycloak/domain/configuration, it doesn't disturb the server in any way.

Best regards,
Lukasz Lech