[keycloak-dev] User Profile Extension

marco.scheuermann at daimler.com marco.scheuermann at daimler.com
Wed Oct 17 18:00:40 EDT 2018

Hi keykloak developers,

my Name is Marco and I am currently working on a keykloak based usermanagement solution for our company and have the following requirement:
We implemented a native One Time Password (OTP) login for our app. That means a user can login using email or mobile number.
After that he gets a PIN via SMS/email which he can enter into the app to trigger the authentication flow.
During login we check if the user already exists. If not we guide him to a registration page. This check is implemented by using keykloaks admin rest API.
We search for a user by email. It must also be possible to search by phone number because this attribute could also be used for login as already mentioned.
We added a custom attribute “mobile” to the user but the REST API does not allow to search for custom attributes.

Our Requirement:
The user should be able to use email OR phone number for login. For that it should be possible to enter both attributes while registering a new user.
Currently keykloak only offers a custom field for email, but no phone number.
Therefore we want to extend the User Profile by phone number. Would you accept such a Pull Request?

Thank you,
Marco